ADSM-L

ADSM Lotus Notes Agent: Command Line Syntax? DMS.Opt Options?

1995-09-23 09:40:13
Subject: ADSM Lotus Notes Agent: Command Line Syntax? DMS.Opt Options?
From: Barry Johnson 80585 <BJOHNSON AT WORLDBANK DOT ORG>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 13:40:13 +0000
OK, I've watched this for a week or two and seen nothing on my need, soo...

I want to try out the Lotus Notes (LN) Agent (LNA) and am frustrated awaiting
the documentation and finding nought in any 'readme' file or at the FTP site
to help me get going in the meantime.  Can anyone help with either or both of
the following, please?

o   I gather the LNA comes in command-line form only...but, please, what are
    the command line options???

o   What does a DSM.Opt file look like for the LNA??  I get the sense that it
    is similar but different to a regular DSM.Opt file...
        Although I thought it was a bit vaguely stated in the 'readme', I have
    figured out that there is a /* syntax that goes on the end of the .NSF
    file name to indicate all documents are to be backed up, but maybe there
    are some gotchas that someone would like to help me having to learn
    myself?
        Also, does this also mean one can substitute a criterium for document
    selection in place of that '*'?

I am also interested in the answered-to-date question that WAS recently asked:
when will we see LNAs for LN servers other than OS/2??

For what it's worth, I like the way the recovery options become menu addins in
the LN client...although I've yet to see how THAT works in practice ;-)

And I assume I'll be back later about the implications of backing up replicas
from different LN servers, and whether this allows LN servers to share an ADSM
login id for the LNA to leverage such (as long as their use of it does not
overlap presumably), etc...

With thanks in anticipation,

Barry Johnson  -  BJohnson AT WorldBank DOT Org