ADSM-L

NetWare Volume split

1995-09-19 11:09:26
Subject: NetWare Volume split
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 10:09:26 EST
I have a customer who has a NetWare volume defined that spans 2 physical
volumes.  He now realizes that this wasn't the smartest thing for him to do,
and wants to break it up into 2 volumes that match the physical definitions of
the volumes (no spanning).  We have a good ADSM backup of the original volume
(VOL1).

When I do the restore, the manual is a little vague about the destination
filespec operand.  Can I use this to point to the new volume (VOL2) in a
format something like:

   LOAD DSMC RESTORE VOL1:WGMO\* -subdir=yes -vol vol2:

Questions:

1.  Will this maintain the directory structure that I had on Vol1 on Vol2?
Iobviously don't want all of the files in one directory, and I know some of
the GUIs will do that for you.

2.  Can I use the -vol to restore the volume restrictions for NetWare to the
new volume name, or does this have to be handled manually?

Thanks in advance

Jerry Lawson