ADSM-L

Re: ADSM client support question: HP-UX 10.01

1995-09-15 09:40:08
Subject: Re: ADSM client support question: HP-UX 10.01
From: Christian Moser <Christian.Moser AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 08:40:08 EST
> Tim Pittson wrote:
> ... This is for the IBM folks who might be looking in. Does the ADSM HP-UX
> client support HP-UX 10.01 ??  ...

We have tried to backup a HP 9000 K100 witch runs only with HP-UX 10.01 and
above using ADSM V1R2L10 client. ADSM was not able to recognize a locally
mounted new journaled file system by itself. After including it in dsm.opt
DOMAIN statement incremental backup run without any error message.

We did no further testing.

We reported our experiences to IBM and got the answer that ADSM is not
supported on HP-UX 10.01 but will be sometimes and we shall soon receive
a more precise answer.

We are very much interested in quick support because the HP 9000 K100 is
planned to become a data base server in our site which really needs daily
backup!

regards
Christian Moser,           Internet: christian.moser AT schering DOT de
SCHERING AG, 13342 Berlin, Tel.: (030)4681356 Fax: (030)46916719