ADSM-L

ADSM/6000 V1.2 on AIX 4.1.3?

1995-09-12 02:52:46
Subject: ADSM/6000 V1.2 on AIX 4.1.3?
From: Hans Pfleger <Hans.Pfleger AT WU-WIEN.AC DOT AT>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 08:52:46 +0200
Hi folks,

has somebody experiences in installing ADSM V1.2 on AIX 4.1.3?

In this day's, I split the services of my rs6k-990 in 3 service processors.
And one of this get the job of ADSM server for our campus. My 990 is running
V1.2 on AIX 3.2.5, the new engine is a 7009 C20 which run's only with AIX 4.1.x.

Now, I tried to install ADSM server with my orig. installation tape, but I
get errors from smit like ODM-get errors ... (it's a Version 1.2.0 tape)

2nd try: I tried to install from AIX SystemView CD - but no way to install
without key. I know, I need a netls-key to get ADSM running, but I think,
after installing of the server there was a test-period (with little
memory-pool and only 2 client, which helps me to customize the server).

Next Question: My ADSM server manages 4 domains, 8 policy sets, 101 nodes
with ~60 GB data (most on a LAGO tape-library).

I think, it will be the easiest way, to move all disk-filespace to tape on
LAGO, connect the LAGO with the new machine, copy the databasefile (~800 MB)
and restart the server. Has somebody done this? Any hints to do it better?
All good hints welcomed ;-), especially from the ADSM-team.

What I think to do: before changeing the LAGO-tapewheel I'll install all
availible fixes, but I think it's not a good Idea to do also the upgrade
to version 2 in one game.

But whats about dumpdb and export in this environment? Is it possible to
copy the database-file from one machine to the other?

++hp
Hans Pfleger                                      pfleger AT wu-wien.ac DOT at
WU-Wien, EDV-Zentrum, Abt. zentr. Infrastruktur  Tel. ++43 1 31336/4105
University Of Economics And Business Administration Vienna, Austria
AIX, AFS and ADSM Adminstrator
Monday is an awful way to spend one seventh of your life