ADSM-L

Windows 95 Backup

1995-09-05 03:31:42
Subject: Windows 95 Backup
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT TIAC DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 12:31:42 +0500
I've been trying to get the ADSM Windows 3.1 client to work under Windows
95, and have met with little success. I can get a backup to work, although
I have to set the TCPBuffsize and TCPWindowsize values very low (like at
1 and 1) in order for the client not to hang. The restore always hangs,
regardless of these values.

The platform in particular is an IBM ThinkPad 755C with an IBM PCMCIA
Token Ring adapter. The network installed is the Microsoft NetWare client
that comes with Windows 95, along with the Microsoft TCP/IP stack.

The same machine works just fine when running Windows 3.1 and the NetWare
IPX and TCP/IP protocol stacks.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy Raibeck