ADSM-L

Re: Automatic Tape Libraries

1995-09-01 17:40:31
Subject: Re: Automatic Tape Libraries
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 17:40:31 EDT
On Fri, 1 Sep 1995 15:48:08 EDT Bob Klein said:
>2) Is anyone aware of an automatic tape library that can be
>connected simulaneously to an MVS system and an RS6000 system?

I believe the IBM 3494 and 3495 can be connected simultaneously to MVS and
RS6000 systems.  We would like to do this ourselves, but we do plan to
dedicate tape drives within the library to either MVS or ADSM/6000, not
share them dynamically.  So, we would be sharing the robotics, but not
the drives themselves.  I don't know what it would take to be able to
dynamically share the drives (e.g., STAM).