ADSM-L

DB2 Backups

1995-08-04 06:27:08
Subject: DB2 Backups
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT VZ.CIT.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 1995 12:27:08 +0200
Hi there,

We are using ADSM to backup DB2/6000 databases everyday and we
would like to know the time of the last backup.

We use the db2 command : db2 backup database BIG use adsm
and so make a full backup everyday..

We know that ADSM register only the dates/times for incremental
backups (q files f=d) but ...

We would appreciate having more detailed information about the
backup status of DB2/6000 databases :

Capacity, last backup start/completion date/times

It would allow us to completely centralize problem detection
from a single point of control : the ADSM administrator

Right now everything but the DB2 databases are monitored everyday.

Is there a good chance to see such enhancements in the DB2/ADSM
interface someday ?

Cheers, Michel

--
Michel Gaillard