ADSM-L

QUERY COMPRESS

1995-08-01 16:22:15
Subject: QUERY COMPRESS
From: David Derk <derk AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 13:22:15 PDT
>>After doing a level 1 AUDIT COMPRESS, shouldn't a QUERY COMPRESS show some
>>results?  I know that the audit flagged a bunch of files (it said so when
>>it finished), but I can't view which ones with a QUERY COMPRESS.  Has anyone
>>else seen this?  Is this normal, or a bug?

QUERY COMPRESSION with no parameters should show all files which
were marked during the AUDIT COMPRESSION.  The following can
effect the marked files:

  - The files which were marked by the AUDIT have since expired
    on the server during the normal expiration processing.
  - A DELETE COMPRESSION was performed to manually delete client
    files stored on the server which were marked.
  - A REMOVE COMPRESSION was performed which removed the database
    entrees which indicate that a file was marked.  Another
    AUDIT COMPRESSION can be performed to remark the files.
  - A level 2 AUDIT COMPRESSION was run which further reduced the
    candidate list to 0 files.
  - A parameter was specified on the QUERY COMPRESSION which
    reduced the search to 0 files found.  Nodename, filespacename,
    filetype and level can all be specified on the QUERY COMPRESSION
    command.

I hope I am not stating the obvious.  The commands worked for me.

David Derk