ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-07-19 13:57:46
From: Vince Allio <usboacvb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 13:57:46 EDT
Subject: Network drives

Hello all,

We have a Windows client who has a bunch of Novell network drives.

When the Novell server he is attached to is bounced the Network drives
are now invalid. The ADSM scheduled event then rolls around, causing
Windows to put up a message "Unable to read from device NETWORK" (or
something like that) and the ADSM scheduled event goes into limbo.
Limbo as in there are no messages in DSMSCHED/DSMERROR until the user
clears the "Unable to read" message by which time the schedule window
has elapsed.  We are not 100% sure this is happening since no one is
around at 2am when the scheduled event runs.

So,

 a) Does this ring any bells with anyone?

 b) Is there a way for ADSM not to look at the network drives?
    We'd like to tell ADSM not to interrogate network or floppy
    drives and DOMAIN just deals with what gets backed up.

Vince Allio   (510)675-5614   USBOACVB AT IBMMAIL DOT COM   Bank of America
Vince Allio   (510)675-5614   USBOACVB AT IBMMAIL DOT COM   Bank of America