ADSM-L

ADSM Launch?

1995-07-14 09:42:43
Subject: ADSM Launch?
From: WILLIAM R COUGHLIN guser <wcoughlin AT GPU DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 08:42:43 EST
  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU     MAIL TO EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEM   IO50C3
Here's the problem:  I have a unique situation with a client
node (running Windows ADSM code) in that an incremental backup has
to be done based upon some application "triggers". The application
databases have to be stopped, the incrementals done, some other
processes run, and then the databases started.  Unfortunately, this
is not on a predetermined time.  My first attempt was to launch the
scheduler from another program (WINBATCH) and set the options so
the backup takes off almost immediately - this worked fine except when
there aren't enough sessions!  Because of the importance of getting
this process done immediately, I cannot rely on having available
sessions for this specific backup to run. So, my second thought is
to launch the backup/archive, but I don't know how (or IF it can
be done) to take off without intervention.  Is there any parameter
I can pass to DSM on startup that does the incremental without
intervention (without using a mouse, the control sequence would be
ALT-A, CTL-I)
  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Bill Coughlin
                                           wcoughlin AT gpu DOT com