ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Macintosh client

1995-07-07 17:55:56
Subject: Re: ADSM Macintosh client
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 17:55:56 EDT
Here at Princeton, the Mac ADSM users are just as unhappy about the
memory requirements of the ADSM Scheduler program as they appear to be
at Cornell.  This is from a note I received recently from one of our
academic departments:

  The people in our lab have complained loudly about having the ADSM
  scheduler running continuously.

That department is also using a Mac cron to get around the ADSM memory
problem, but are also running into problems with that approach.

I hope IBM will consider putting some resources into addressing this
problem.  Doing so would make ADSM a much more viable product in the
Mac backup arena.

Melinda Varian,
Princeton University