ADSM-L

Export Node problem

1995-07-06 14:08:11
Subject: Export Node problem
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 11:08:11 PDT
I am trying to implement an offsite backup strategy for data backed up
by ADSM from a couple of Netware servers. At the same time, we would
like to implement compression and collocation on thes clients.
Scenario so far is as follows:

  1. Moved these clients to a new domain which directed backups to a
     new disk pool which specified a next pool of cart with collocation
     enabled.

  2. Turned compression on after applying the appropriate maintenance.

  3. Turned on MODE=ABS to cause a full backup to the new storage pools.

  4. Executed the following EXPORT command:

     EXPORT NODE nodename FILED=BACKUPA DEV=devclass

I assumed that the full backup would have placed all active backup
versions in the new storage pool.  However, after running for some 45
minutes to an hour, the first tape and subsequent tapes mounted as input
are coming from the old storage pool (no collocation) until the process
was cancelled.  I would not have expected any input from the old storage
pool to have occurred with BACKUPA specified.  Have I missed something?
I'm thinking now that I will have to delete the filespaces and start
over with just the new pools.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Sam Sheppard                   San Diego Data Processing Corporation
SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV           5975 Santa Fe St.
IBMMAIL.USBTNVTN               San Diego, Ca. 92109
(619)-581-9668