ADSM-L

Retrieving archive files

1995-06-27 12:54:22
Subject: Retrieving archive files
From: Yves Tremblay <ytrembla AT COURRIER.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 11:54:22 -0500
To migrate all archive files from adsm VM server to ADSM6000 server i used
a script on Aix . I login as root, I retrieve a archive file from VM server
and i archive on the news server(ADSM6000) after. The problem is that user's
can't see their archive files when they used the dsmc q archive on the new
server. When i login as root  and i do dsmc q archive i can see th archives
files with the user permission, but the user see nothing probably because
the archive done by root and not by user . But the original archive process
is done by user on the VM server and i don't want to force user to do
this script process, i want migrate all archives files with transparency
for users.  I have any common media between VM and Aix to use a export
node ... filedata=archive.....
         Have you something to help me ....  Yves