ADSM-L

Re: Emptying and deleting volume

1995-06-13 16:34:16
Subject: Re: Emptying and deleting volume
From: Jo Ann Malina <joann AT MAILBOX.SLAC.STANFORD DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 13:34:16 -0700
> This sounds rather interesting (and perhaps, disturbing).  Did you try
> querying the contents of the volume?  I would be curious to know if it
> comes back as empty or shows some objects.

Audit volume said there was no data.  Query occupancy showed there was
some but not what it was.  Unfortunately, I didn't do a Query content.
I'm still learning my way around this system.

I thought maybe one of the idle users had ahold of the volume I was
trying to delete, so I tried to cancel their sessions.  I got the reply
that they were cancelled, but of course they didn't go away.  So I
stopped and restarted the server and when it came back, the volume
showed up empty and I was able to delete it.  Why doesn't this give me
a warm fuzzy feeling about this as a production system?

--
Jo Ann Malina, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
Jo Ann Malina, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center