ADSM-L

ANR2405E

1995-06-13 14:05:31
Subject: ANR2405E
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 1995 11:05:31 MST
Jo Ann from SLAC said:
> I did MOVE DATA to clear out this volume. Q VOL shows the volume as
> still 3.2% utilized.  DELETE VOL won't remove it because it says:
>
> ANR2405E DELETE VOLUME: Volume /adsm1/backvol1 is currently in use by
> clients and/or data management operations.

I took a quick look at the code.  I assume your volumes was a disk volume
rather than a sequential volume.  If it was a sequential volume, I'll need
to take another look.  Anyway:

Looks like this message can come out for two cases:
An internal lock is held on the volume by another thread trying to
  delete the volume.
An internal volume usagecount isn't zero.

It probably is the second reason, but from what you posted, I can't see
why it wouldn't be zero (other than a bug somewhere maintaining this count.)

For either case, halting and restarting the server should clear up the
problem since both the lock and the count are kept in memory, not in the
database.

Dave Crockett
ADSM development