ADSM-L

3490E and 3590 drives in one 3494

1995-06-07 11:02:40
Subject: 3490E and 3590 drives in one 3494
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 17:02:40 +0200
Hi,

I am planning to throw Magstar 3590 drives into our 3494 which
already contains a 3490E drive used by ADSM/6000. ADSM should then
use BOTH device types. How do I have to configure the new drives
to ADSM? I will probably have to define a new device class, then
define a new library and define the new devices in this library.
Can both libraries share the same lmcp or do I need a second one?

Since I have no planning information on the use of the 3590
together with ADSM, perhaps somebody out there can help. I want
to order now and would like to be sure that I have all stuff I need.

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488