ADSM-L

ADSM6000 and DLT tech

1995-06-06 18:03:48
Subject: ADSM6000 and DLT tech
From: Yves Tremblay <ytrembla AT COURRIER.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 17:03:48 -0500
I have ADSM6000 intalled on RS/6000 ( Aix 3.2.5 ). We came to buy the new
IBM 7331-205 tape library 8mm. Since two weeks we have many problems with
this tape unit because there's very often a cartridge who stay lock in the
tape drive. The tape library give I/O errors and many backups can't continue
in the night.  We do many test offline on the tape library, and cartridges
stay lock often because the robotic mecanic isn't able to grip correctly the
cartridge. We don't happy of this situation......

We looking for a better media technologie to storing data with adsm on
RS/6000.. Is there anybody who use DLT technologie with Adsm server ???? Is
supported ???
Is very heavy duty and faster ????

Is there somebody who use IBM 7331 with Adsm ????

                                                    Yves