ADSM-L

Re: IUCV failure

1995-05-25 10:46:48
Subject: Re: IUCV failure
From: Jim Olson <jjolson AT BVEMX.PPCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 09:46:48 -0500
To: OAS     --BVEMX1   EMXOAS

FROM: J. J. Olson
      463-IC
      (918) 661-3042
We had IUCV failures off and on for some time on our MVS server.
They were associated with a batch job doing query events during the
normal backup window.

The solution is to NOT use IUCV - use APPC instead.

Since we converted to APPC the problems have gone away.

J. J. Olson
jjolson AT bvemx.ppco DOT com
*** Forwarding note from OWNER-AD--SMTPMAIL 05/25/95 08:09 ***
To:         --         Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L

When the IUCV failure presented itself last week we restarted by logging
the server off and logging on but the problem remained.  However, we restarted
it again this week and now connections are allowed.  Before the restart this
week, we first tried increasing the number of connections, but I that had no
effect.  Perhaps it helped on the restart, though.

                         Kevin

  KEVIN D. BRUNSON  (219)631-8292  OFFICE OF UNIVERSITY COMPUTING
      UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME, NOTRE DAME, INDIANA 46556

##  Subordinates ought to find ways to compensate for idiosyncracies
##  in their leader's style.  (Robert McNamara)