ADSM-L

Re: Restores

1995-05-22 14:00:06
Subject: Re: Restores
From: Michael Bryant <Michael_Bryant_at_DTCLPO1 AT CCMAIL.FINGERHUT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 12:00:06 CST
To: Jane Dagostino-Snyder

If I understand your questions about restores.
1) No, you cannot issue a restore from the ADSM server.  Although the next
release may help facilitate this.
2) You can restore files to a client from a different client via the NET USE
command.  You perform a net use to the drive that you want to restore to and
then redirect the restore from the GUI to that drive.

The above assumes your running OS/2 or windows.  With Unix you can be that
client from another machine, so the restores are possible without the
redirections.

Michael.Bryant AT ccmail.fingerhut DOT com