ADSM-L

Macintosh format feedback...

1995-05-18 14:27:53
Subject: Macintosh format feedback...
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 11:27:53 PDT
I would like to get some feedback on something we might do.  Suppose we
want to have books in an online format, and ship them on a CD.  There would
be platform specific readers for these books.

I know that there are ways to format a CD to handle both Mac and non-Mac
programs, but suppose that is not an option.  Then we could either
put diskette images on the CD, which would be creatable from a PC, or
we could put a big BinHex file on the CD, and assume the administrator
has a BinHex converter.

Since its possible that 10 or more diskettes would be needed, its a pain
to have to create them.  However, not everyone is connected to the
Internet and therefore may not have access to a BinHex translator.

Any suggestions or thoughts on this, or maybe I've overlooked an option?

Thanks,

Brett Walker
ADSM Development