ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Server Compression Fixes

1995-05-18 14:15:59
Subject: Re: ADSM Server Compression Fixes
From: Dave Crockett <crockett AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 11:15:59 MST
Bruno asks:
> We have the following problem with FORCE BACKUP with UNIX/AIX clients:
>
> ANR6221I Force backup operation started as process 74
> ANR0103E IMCMPRS(5937): Error 2 updating row in table
>  "Compression.Test.Status".
> ANR9999D IMCMPRS(3429): Error 18 marking compressed object
>  for forced backup
> ANR2032E FORCE BACKUP: Command failed - internal server
> error detected.
>
> Will this error be covered and fixed with the newly APAR ?

Yes, this will be fixed in PTF 14 as part of this APAR PN71326.

This problem surfaces if the file has been moved (migration, reclamation)
between the time of the AUDIT COMPRESS and the FORCE BACKUP.

Also, when I wrote about the previous FORCE BACKUP problem, I
mentioned that it doesn't work for files backed up by certain
client platforms.  It appears the only client platform involved
with this original failure is the Windows platform.

Dave Crockett
ADSM Server Development