ADSM-L

Re: DataBase Management

1995-05-09 13:40:45
Subject: Re: DataBase Management
From: Baba Z Buehler <baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 12:40:45 -0500
Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT itthartford DOT com> writes:

> Is this done through an unload and load DB commands?  The doc talks about
> doing this to recover, but can it be used to consolidate, etc??  Also, is thi
> data base subject to lost space due to data deletions by the costomers, in a
> manner similar to a PDS?

I was able to do this by making one new db volume, which was larger than the
sum of all my small db vols.  Then I exteneded the db by adding the large one,
and reduced it again to just the size of the single large volume.  Then I could
go through and delete the small vols, and the server seemed to take care of
moving the stuff around as needed.

--
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'