ADSM-L

DSMC Restore to a certain date

1995-05-03 13:34:41
Subject: DSMC Restore to a certain date
From: "Brett Walker (408)256-0265 Fax:" <walkerbl AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 10:34:41 PDT
Re: Note from you attached below

>Is there a way to restore a whole subdirectory full of files back to a
>certain date without having to use the pick option?  One of our ECC
>people has to restore a subdirectory back to a date about 5 days back.
>The subirectory has about 500 files in it.  It would be nice to be able
>to execute one command to do this, but from looking in the book I am not
>sure it is possible.  Let me know, and Thanks!!!!

The best way to do this is with the GUI client.  Use Restore by Filespec,
and then sort the files by date.  Select the older files, and do the restore.
Its usually easier than using the pick option on the command line.
If you need to use the command line (Netware) then you'll need to use
pick.  I expect there will be some relief soon...

Brett