ADSM-L

Re: Mac client domain

1995-05-02 12:24:31
Subject: Re: Mac client domain
From: Kevin Brunson <KBRUNSON AT VMA.CC.ND DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 11:24:31 EST
This is  still a  problem. Two of  us verified once  again that  the hardrive
name and domain name were exact. Yesterday  I updated the node to 1.2.0.7 and
the problem still occurred.  This node with the apostrophe is  the only one I
have had trouble with so I suspect  the apostrophe is causing the trouble. Of
course, I can rename the hardrive but that shouldn't be necessary.

The name of the hardrive is
                           Charlie's Mac
The Preferences file says
                          domain "Charlie's Mac"

The error log says
ANS4071E Invalid domain name entered '"Charlie's'
ANS4071E Invalid domain name entered 'Mac"'

On Wed, 26 Apr 1995 12:30:46 PDT "Joseph A. Faracchio" said:
>   The hard disk name has to be *EXACTLY* the same;
>   no extra (trailing, leading) blanks, on either opt file nor Mac, etc.
>         .. joe.f.
>
>>What is the syntax for DOMAIN in the Preferences file if the hardisk has
>>a two level name plus an apostrophe?  For example, "Charlie's Mac".
>>I've enclosed the domain name in single and double quotes but the
>>scheduled backup always fails.

 Earth Day every day,
                         Kevin

KEVIN D. BRUNSON  (219)631-8292  OFFICE OF UNIVERSITY COMPUTING
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME, NOTRE DAME, INDIANA 46556

********                  COMING SOON                  ******
<:-)           VM Programmer Needed Immediately:         )-:<
<:-)                   The Final Solution                )-:<