ADSM-L

Netware DSM.OPT

1995-05-02 11:35:56
Subject: Netware DSM.OPT
From: "Hince, Eric" <Hince AT MORAINE.CC.IL DOT US>
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 09:35:56 CST
     I have the following EXCLUDE in a Netware ADSM client's DSM.OPT file:
     EXCLUDE                   sys:/system/*.qdr/.../*

     However, it does not function as expected: to exclude any files within
     any subdirectory with the .QDR extension under the SYS:/SYSTEM/
     subdirectory. For example: file SYS:/SYSTEM/231010046.QDR/Q_0123.SYS
     should be excluded, but is not being excluded; files
     SYS:/SYSTEM/EXAMPLE.EXE and SYS:/SYSTEM/TEST/EXAMPLE.EXE should be
     backed up and are backed up. Does anyone know why the statement does
     not function as I expect? I do not get a syntax error, but does ADSM
     not allow the use of partial wildcards in the directory portion of the
     EXCLUDE statement?? I am puzzled. In case it matters, the DOMAIN
     statement in the DSM.OPT file is as follows: DOMAIN SYS: BINDERY.
     Also, the above exclude statement is the first one processed by ADSM -
     that is it is the last one listed in the group of EXCLUDEs and
     INCLUDEs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

     Eric Hince
     hince AT moraine.cc.il DOT us