ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-04-27 14:40:53
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 14:40:53 EDT
> For most of our users, there is one machine per person. If they already
> have accounts on the mainframe, then I could tie the passwords
> together.  If they don't, I'll make them one. If they have more than
> one machine, then educating them to have different names for the disk
> volumes they are backing up, would let them move files between the
> machines (when the PTFs are available).  For Novell servers, we could
> make up a userid and password, or have the exit determine that a server
> uses ADSM's password for verifcation.

I gather you are suggesting using the same node name for
different machines, but using different volume labels for their
disks so as to generate different filespace names.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607