ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-04-27 12:35:03
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 12:35:03 EDT

> >   ... you get the idea.
>
> I'd like to see exits for an External Security Manager (ESM). This is
> possible for MVS, VM, UNIX(copyright,tm,reg. US pat.,sm,etc.), but I'm
> not an OS/2 user, so I don't know if it could be done there, still
> providing an exit would let you code the call to, say, NYS or RACF or
> VM:SECURE, etc. The *last* thing my users need is another password to
> forget/mis-type/write on a "post-it" (apologies to 3M)/business card.
>
> --

I agree that in theory an exit for racf etc. would be nice.  I'm
not sure how much that will buy you though, because there is not
a one to one mapping between users and nodes.  A user can have
more than one machine and a machine can have more than one user.
For Unix clients, ADSM does have a generate password feature.
In any case, in many instances adsm users may end of having to
know another password anyway.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607