ADSM-L

VOLUMEHISTORY

1995-04-20 14:02:23
Subject: VOLUMEHISTORY
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 14:02:23 EDT
I noticed in our server activity log the message:

No files have been configured for automatically storing
sequential history information.

Apparently there is a parameter in the server options file,
VOLUMEHISTORY, which can be used to provide the name of a data
set to record this information.  The problem is that I don't have
any documentation for this.  Also, when I do a query options, I
don't even see this parameter listed.  We are running ADSM Server
for MVS - Version 1, Release 1, Level 0.10/1.10.  We just got in
20 copies of the mvs server documentation, but it was still for
release 1.  We did apply PTFs some time ago to our server and, as
a result, were able to use the expinterval parameter.  If
VOLUMEHISTORY is a release 2 feature, why am I getting a message
about it on my release 1 server.  If it is a release 1 feature,
where can I find the documentation for it?  This mail is mainly
directed to IBM, but if anyone can easily send me some
information about this parameter, including exactly what is
recorded in the data set, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607