ADSM-L

Admin user lockup from a macro

1995-04-20 12:09:04
Subject: Admin user lockup from a macro
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 09:09:04 MST
A while back we modified the DEFINE ASSSOCIATION command so that it
issues a warning message if a node name is explictly listed in the
command but that node is not registered.  This was done to alert
an administrator who might have mistyped one node name in  a list
(see APAR IC08618).  To implement this change, the DEFINE ASSOCIATION
command was altered to that it serializes on a resource that is
also used by the REGISTER NODE command.

When the REGISTER NODE and DEFINE ASSOCIATION commands are both used
in a macro, you must now make sure that the REGISTER NODE is committed
before the DEFINE ASSOCIATION command is issued.  This can be done
using a COMMIT statement or the ITEMCOMMIT option.

Because of the potential for such interactions between commands within
a macro, we recommend the use of COMMIT statements or ITEMCOMMIT in
situations where commands within a macro behave differently than
the same commands issued from the command line.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.  We will
check to see if there is a reasonable way to issue the warning message
from DEFINE ASSOCIATION without having the potential interaction with
the REGISTER NODE command.

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development