ADSM-L

Obtaining list of backed up files

1995-04-20 11:35:06
Subject: Obtaining list of backed up files
From: Neal Pape <NPAPE AT VM1.TUCC.TRINITY DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 10:35:06 CDT
Due to various hardware problems, one of our users has files from her
PC backed up in several different file spaces on our VM server.  Now
that her machine is working again, she would like a printed or machine
readable list of the files in these various file spaces so she can decide
what to restore.  I was going to use the DOS client and redirect the
output from a QUERY BACKUP command to a file, but I am having problems.
I enter the command

dsmcftp query backup -fromnode=node.name.trinity.edu -subdir=yes {spacename}*

and I get a message that no files were backed up.  However, I can set her
node name in my DSM.OPT file and use the DOS graphical mode client to see
the files.  Does anyone have any suggestions?