ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-04-19 16:39:20
From: Vince Allio <usboacvb AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 16:39:20 EDT
Subject:      notification of passwords

>How do other sites notify their users that their ADSM passwords are abou
>to expire ? We have found that when a user has their pc scheduled to
>back up, if they do not change their password on time then the scheduled
>backups will begin to fail because the password is incorrect. Do we just
>have extra-sloppy users because they aren't responsible enough to monito
>this on their own & we have to remind them to change their password ?

Kind of off the question but,

Since ADSM allows the user to reuse the same password when the old
one expires (not nice) we can't think of a good reason to have it
expire.

We'd like to see ADSM let us customize the requirements for
nodeid/password.  Things like:

      o Password must be at least <n> characters
      o Nodeid   must be at least <n> characters
      o New password must not be one of the last <n> passwords used
      o New password cannot be certain words

   ... you get the idea.