ADSM-L

Re: notification of passwords

1995-04-19 16:02:00
Subject: Re: notification of passwords
From: "Jon C. Austin" <TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 16:02:00 EDT
we've got a great way to notify our users....We run an MVS server
and we sat down and came up with JCL to post a QUERY NODE at midnight
each night. In the output, password age is the last field. We then
parse the file, and for anyone within 10 days of expiration, we
generate a mail note to them (mapping node name to an email address
we keep on file). All in all, about 30 lines of JCLs, 200 lines of
REXX, and an autoscheduled command at 11:55 nightly.

   Let me know if you'd like a look at how we did it.

|  Jon Austin                             TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU   |
|  Systems Programmer, DUCC                -or- @DUKE.BITNET         |
|  314 North Building, Box 90133                                     |
|  Duke University                           phone   (919)660-7024   |
|  Durham, NC  27708-0133                    fax     (919)660-7021   |
|               Duke University: Birthplace of 'USENET'              |