ADSM-L

Error: double filespace

1995-04-19 07:00:10
Subject: Error: double filespace
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 1995 13:00:10 +0200
Hello,

I just want to tell you about an error I encountered today (AIX client
V1R2M7, AIX server V1R2M5). The client got the error message
   "ANS4029E Session rejected: Communications protocol error"
during backup and archiving. dsmerror.log further said:
   "fsCheckAdd: received more than one response"
This error turned out to occur only when processing files in ONE of the
client's file systems. Further investigations showed that the server knew
this file space TWICE (it showed up twice on response to "QUERY FILESPACE").

The problem was solved by doing a "DELETE FILESPACE" on the server, which
deleted both file spaces. I do not know, what to do, if one cannot afford
loosing all backups and archive copies of the file system.

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488