ADSM-L

"Monthly" Backups

1995-04-13 17:13:24
Subject: "Monthly" Backups
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 15:13:24 CST
We are starting to use ADSM as our backup solution for our Netware file
servers.  When they were doing backups with SCSI attached tape drives,
they would take a backup once a month, throw it in a box, and use it for
users that needed old backups for whatever reason.  How would I do
something like that with ADSM?  I have it keeping 7 versions, but for
files that change daily, this is only a weeks worth and I am hesitant to
save many more copies because of the number of cartridges I might need.
Any ideas here?  Thanks.

 Andy Carlson  work: (314) 362-0516      fax: (314) 362-4495
 Barnes Jewish Christian Health Services   St. Louis MO
 Email Address:  andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org

 "I suppose I should thank you for teaching me how true the
  old saying is.  Teach him how you will, a pig will never
  play the flute"
             - Thom Merrilin on the Spray