ADSM-L

How Can I Select Many Subdirectories?

1995-04-13 11:39:11
Subject: How Can I Select Many Subdirectories?
From: Vern Maxson <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 10:39:11 EST
We are trying to archive enormous directories on an RS/6000.

Several of my ADSM users want to archive all the files in very large
directory tree structures.  They contain thousands of files in thousands
of subdirectories.  The lowest level subdirectories are twenty to thirty
levels deep.  At the beginning of the archival process, from the top
dsm screen we select "archive", then "archive by directory tree", and
it takes over an hour for the screen to come back with a list of the
directory structure.  After this long wait, we must go through an
extremely arduous task of going to every subdirectory individually,
and selecting its files.  Each one goes quickly because we only have to
click the right mouse button once to select all the files in any single
subdirectory, but it is a nighmare selecting thousands of directories.
Surely there is an easy way to do this?