ADSM-L

Windows Client locking up machine

1995-04-04 16:04:47
Subject: Windows Client locking up machine
From: "Linnea T. Nichols" <us5rnfrn AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 16:04:47 EDT
> I am trying to get the Windows client to work, but when I close
>the main Window for the ADSM backup tool, my PC hangs and only a
>power off/on will free it up. Has anyone else had this problem or am I
>alone? Version of Windows is 3.1.
>
>  Dennis P. Riley
>  The Timken Company
>  Canton, Ohio 44706
>  216-471-3515
>  email - riley AT timken DOT com

I have the exact same problem - I'm using PC/3270 V4 and the ADSM Windows
client at the 1.2.0.1 level - I've tried to install the Windows 1.2.0.5
level, but I get DLL errors at that level and it won't run. So you're
not alone.

+++ "The secret of joy in work is contained in one word -   +++
+++ excellence. To know how to do something well is to      +++
+++ enjoy it." PEARL S. BUCK                                +++
                                          Linnea