ADSM-L

Backup Logs

1995-03-27 08:20:00
Subject: Backup Logs
From: Mike Stewart <STEWAJM AT AUDUCADM.DUC.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 1995 07:20:00 -06
*** Original Author:  WTS @ MAINE - ** Remote User **; 03/23/95 17:33

>From:         "Wayne T. Smith" <wts AT CAPSLAN.CAPS.MAINE DOT EDU>
>Subject:      backup logs
>To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Would anyone get mad at me if I asked for the results of "Incremental
Backup" from the ADSM Backup Client to be stored in DSMSCHED.LOG and
DSMERROR.LOG, as it is with a scheduled backup?

If not, I'm asking :)

cheers,

Wayne T. Smith
Systems Group -- CAPS        internet: wts AT maine.maine DOT edu
University of Maine System   BITNET/CREN: WTS@MAINE

*** Comments from STEWAJM - Stewart, Mike; 03/24/95 09:40am:
I've had a number of similar requests from our clients, many
of whom prefer to perform manual incremental backups rather than use
the scheduler.

An option to save the results from all manual backup/restore
functions would be nice.

I've also seen some interest in a "preview" of an incremental
backup; display a list of the files which would be processed in
an incremental backup.

Okay, while I'm on a role, here's another request we've had;
restore my drive to the state it was in at the last backup.
It is, of course, possible to reformat the drive and perform
a restore of all the files on the drive, but it would be
nice if ADSM would...restore files which have been deleted,
delete files which are new, and restore files which have been changed,
etc.

Mike Stewart
Manager, Systems Programming
Auburn University