ADSM-L

ADSM and DB2/6000 again

1995-03-22 05:04:34
Subject: ADSM and DB2/6000 again
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT ANSF.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 1995 10:04:34 GMT
Hello experts,

We run ADSM on VM/ESA (server is at level 0.11) and plan to backup DB2/6000
databases with the API.

I have a big problem if I want to backup the database with the command

db2 BACKUP DATABASE chicken USE ADSM

Now I always get the message : SQL2033N The ADSM error "157" occured.

Somebody from IBM answered that an APAR was open ; but concerning ADSM or DB2 ??

Apparently the problem was caused by something related to cache in ADSM storage
pools on the server..

So I did create a Domain, policy, Mgmt Class copygroup (the whole step) just
for our DB2/6000 machines and specified a 3490 Storage pool in the dest
parameter of the copygroup .. hoping I could get rid of cache effects ..

No Way : I always get this very precious message :  SQL2033N The ADSM error
"157" occured.

No message on the server side ..

Did I miss something, where can I find explanations for this error 157 ??

Will I have to backup the database on disk and then use regular ADSM to back it
up on VM  for ever ??

Cheers, michel