ADSM-L

Re: NetWare restores and Macintosh Namespace

1995-03-21 18:51:09
Subject: Re: NetWare restores and Macintosh Namespace
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 18:51:09 EST
On Tue, 21 Mar 95 18:38:53 EST Paul Zarnowski said:
>This is a NetWare question, related to one that was asked quite some time
>ago.

From IBM APAR IC06774:

>   PROBLEM SUMMARY: NETWARE CLIENT DOES NOT RESTORE MAC-NAME
>   SPACE FILE SPACES
>

>   PROBLEM CONCLUSION: THE FOLLOWING TEXT WILL BE ADDED TO THE
>   NOVELL BOOK:  "IF YOU ARE RESTORING FILES TO A DIFFERENT
>   DIRECTORY, THE FILE NAMES BECOME THE NAMES YOU SPECIFY WITH THE
>   'DESTINATIONFILESPEC' OPTION.  ALSO, BECAUSE ONLY DOS NAMES ARE
>   VALID WITHIN THE ADSM NETWARE CLIENT, THE FILE NAME BECOMES A
>   DOS NAME.

I just reviewed the README file that comes with the latest NetWare client
(1.2.0.7), and I see no mention of this problem.  It seems to me that this
is a significant enough limitation, that it's worth mentioning in the
README file, and not just waiting until the next set of manuals comes
out.

..Paul