ADSM-L

include/exclude specs

1995-03-21 11:55:50
Subject: include/exclude specs
From: Kenneth H Lee <khl AT COLUMBIA DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 1995 11:55:50 EST
I am trying to exclude several file systems from being backed up and am having
trouble setting it up.

Here is a list of the file systems that I don't want backed up.

/export/dump                    ; contains directories mrcs1-mrcs4
/export/swap                    ; contains directories mrcs1-mrcs4
/export/tmp/mrcs1
/export/tmp/mrcs2
/export/tmp/mrcs3
/export/tmp/mrcs4

Here is what my include/exclude file looks like.

EXclude /tmp
EXclude /.../.sh_history
EXclude /export/dump
EXclude /export/swap/.../*
EXclude /export/tmp/.../*

I have also tried leaving the '.../*' off from the excludes for the /export
file systems which didn't work.

Firing up the GUI shows that these file systems were indeed backed up and they
appear in list of file systems available for restore/retrieve.  Taking a closer
look shows that any files that are in these file systems were not backed up but
that any directories were.

I am totally at a loss as to how to make it ignore these file systems. Can
anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks/k

Kenneth H. Lee                           Internet: khl AT columbia DOT edu
Columbia University, Box 700 CMR            Phone: +1 212 854 8027
535 West 120 Street, 324 Thorndike, New York, NY 10027-6629