ADSM-L

PostScript for manuals - again

1995-03-20 18:15:10
Subject: PostScript for manuals - again
From: Carol VanderStoep <carolv AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 16:15:10 MST
>>Richard, thank you for your interest.  Let me know if you have
>>any other problems accessing the manuals.  I will let you know
>>as soon as they are available on the FTP server.
>>Carol

 Sorry to be such a pest, but ....

 I finally found a person with an compuserve account.  Although
 I was not with him when he did the search, he says he found
 only one file, an image file.  After several attempts and
 several hours, he downloaded this file, but
 now what do we do with it? It doesn't seem to be postscript.

 I think having compuserve as the only source of some part of the
 product is patently bad.  How goes the effort to make the
 postscript version of the manuals available on the ftp server?
>>We are making progress and will let you know as soon as they
>>are available.

 Also, where exactly on compuserve are the postscript version of the
 manuals (I will watch over his shoulder the next time).

>>PostScript files for the AIX ADSM publications can be found on
>>CompuServe in the IBMSTORAGE forum in library 4 ADSM Publications.

>>Publication                        File Name

>>General Information                DSMGI.PS
>>GH35-0114
>>General information about
>>functions and benefits.

>>Administration Messages            ADMSG.PS
>>SH35-0129
>>Messages explanations for
>>all server platforms.

>>Install Server & Admin Client      ADICA.PS
>>SH26-4013
>>AIX Install procedures.

>>Administrator's Guide              ADGDA.PS
>>SH26-4005
>>AIX Guidance for using functions.

>>Administrator's Reference          ADRFA.PS
>>SH26-4006
>>AIX Command format and use.

>>User's Gd & Ref for Apple Mac      MACUGD.PS
>>SH35-0119
>>Guidance and messages
>>explanations and install procedures.

>>User's Gd & Ref for DOS            DOSUGD.PS
>>SH35-0123
>>Guidance/command and messages
>>explanations and install procedures

>>User's Gd & Ref for OS/2           OS2UGD.PS
>>SH35-0122
>>Guidance/command and messages
>>explanations and install procedures

>>User's Gd & Ref for Novell         NOVUGD.PS
>>SH35-0124
>>Guidance/command and messages
>>explanations and install procedures.

>>User's Gd & Ref for UNIX           UNXUGD.PS
>>SH35-0120
>>Guidance/command and messages
>>explanations and install procedures
>>for UNIX based clients.

>>User's Gd & Ref for Windows        WINUGD.PS
>>SH35-0125
>>Guidance/command and messages
>>explanations and install procedures.

 Thanks for your attention!

 Richard

 PS: J. Becky Brenner, an IBMer in the Powerparallel organization,
 has experience cleaning up postscript files to make them usable
 for many ps printers.

 Richard Alexander                         phone: (518) 276-6785
 Mgr, High Performance Computing           fax: (518) 276-2809
 Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute          Internet: alexar AT rpi DOT edu
      NO SUBJECT