ADSM-L

Re[2]: My apologies to Mr. Butler and other list recipients

1995-03-20 10:41:35
Subject: Re[2]: My apologies to Mr. Butler and other list recipients
From: Ralph Butler <R.Butler AT AZ05P.BULL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 1995 08:41:35 MST
     Martha, Jacquie, et.al.

     OK, enough said.  I realize that _I_ was the jerk.  I guess I had a
     burr under my saddle that day.  I apologize to everyone for that
     outbreak.  It won't happen again.

     R:-)B

Author:  "Dist. Stor. Manager(ADSM) List" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> at
az05-smtp
Date:    3/17/95 4:37 PM

Jacquie and everyone else,

I rarely put on my "list owner hat" here, but felt I ought to this time.

Putting a subject on a posting to an e-mail list is one of those limitless
unwritten rules on the network.  It helps people sift through those notes
that may be of interest without having to actually read them.  For those
of us who get hundreds of pieces of mail a day, its very helpful.  I
encourage all of you to use informative subjects when posting on this or
any other list.

However, I felt that the tone of Ralph's note was also out of line.  You
can attempt to correct such situations without being offensive or sarcastic.
I have sent him a private note expressing this opinion.  Many of the people
especially the IBMer's on this list are new to e-mail lists and don't know
all these unwritten rules.  Alittle patience and a private note can go a
long way to help them learn the rules and keep the discussion polite and
productive.

If you can't get a problem resolved, you can always send a note to me
privately and I'll try to help.  I can always remove someone from the list
as a last resort.  However, I don't expect that I'll ever have to do that
on this list...%-)

Martha (ADSM-L list owner, among others)