ADSM-L

DCE root directory convention

1995-03-15 16:11:34
Subject: DCE root directory convention
From: Michael Lundy <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 16:11:34 EST
 A user has brought up a question concerning DCE (Distributed Computing
 Environment) and ADSM. DCE uses /.../ to indicate the root directory
 of the DCE hierarchy. The Include/Exclude options for ADSM use
 /.../ as a pattern match for zero or more directories. The question
 runs as follows: If I do an include (or exclude) that starts /.../
 will it 'match' the root directory?

 A question that I would like to raise in conjunction with the previous
 one - is/was the ADSM development team aware of the DCE convention,
 and are there plans to change the 'zero or more directories' pattern
 match for include/exclude files at some future date?
            Aloha,
                   Michael

    --  Michael Lundy          | MLUNDY AT CMS.CC.WAYNE DOT EDU  --
    --  Wayne State University | (313) 577-6527  (voice)  --