ADSM-L

Re: your mail

1995-03-15 14:13:01
Subject: Re: your mail
From: Michael Kearney <michael AT UDCEMAIL.UDC.UPENN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 14:13:01 -0500
Jacquelyn B. Reith wrote:

> Last week we put out a Technical Support Bulletin describing and buffering
> problem that occurred when using compression on all the clients.  We developed

Was this posted to ADSM-L?

> a fix and put the new client PTFs on the ftp server and CompuServe.
>
> I will send you a copy of the bulletin for a description of the problem. You
> wi
> ll want ot put on the new clients if you force compression or make compression
> a client choice.  Let us know if you have any questions.

The meaning of the bulletin is not entirely clear to me. Does this mean that
certain files CANNOT be restored, because they were compressed in error?
This is a real problem for us, ALL our data is stored compressed.

Michael

--
Michael W. Kearney                        Phone : (215)-898-1153
Michael W. Kearney                        Phone : (215)-898-1153

'"User" is a swearword employed by systems programmers to denote people
who want useful output from the computer they paid for.' - John Blatt