ADSM-L

Throughput and ADSM/MVS

1995-03-15 03:44:31
Subject: Throughput and ADSM/MVS
From: Bud Porter <demb007 AT UABDPO.DPO.UAB DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 08:44:31 +0000
I'm interested in gaining some idea of what kind of network throughput I could
expect to
see using ADSM/MVS. I understand that many factors come into play when
considering this,
but what kind of throughput are you obtaining in your environment?

In my case, most machines to be backed-up are on the token-ring backbone. The
host is connected to the backbone using a 3745 FEP. I will be using LU6.2 to
communicate
to ADSM on the host (no TCP/IP on MVS).

Using LU6.2 in other applications, I have seen sustained transfer rates of 7.5
to 8 MB per
minute.

Any help with this is GREATLY appreciated....

Bud Porter
demb007 AT uabdpo.dpo.uab DOT edu