ADSM-L

ADSM Data Loss Problem

1995-03-10 14:17:04
Subject: ADSM Data Loss Problem
From: "Jacquelyn B. Reith" <jreith AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 11:17:04 PST
On March 9, Paul Zarnowski said:

 >However, given the seriousness of the problem and your target date for the
 >analysis tool, I don't think I can afford to wait until the analysis tool is
 >available before I contact them, which means that I won't be able to tell
 >them whether they were affected or not.

 >If there is any way the analysis tool's availability could be advanced, it
 >would be very helpful!

I have brought your concern to our developers and they responded:

  ***> We understand the urgency for the analysis tool.  Since it will not be
  out any sooner than 2+ weeks after the corrected clients, you should consider
  forcing a full backup with the new client code to insure all current backup
  data is not exposed.

Look for the client PTFs on CompuServe and the ftp server this afternoon.

Jacquie Reith
ADSM Technical Support