ADSM-L

Netware server recovery with ADSM

1995-03-08 06:04:11
Subject: Netware server recovery with ADSM
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 11:04:11 GMT
Hi - We're going to be rebuilding and restoring (using ADSM) a Netware 3.11
server with about 8.3 GB of used space this weekend.... as much as I enjoy
working weekends, we're looking for ways to speed up this process.  Does
anybody have any experience with restoring a server of this size ???   I was
thinking of splitting up the restore process between server #1  (TCPIP  to
MVS via 3172-3 Token Ring) while also doing a cross client restore (of other
directory structures) from Netware server #2  (TCPIP to MVS via 3172-3
Ethernet) - the IPX/SPX connection between the 2 Netware servers (for the
cross client piece) would be on separate network cards (TCPIP uses another
network cards) and would be on the same ring.... the Token Ring connection
for Server #1 would be on a separate ring (same as 3172-3 T/R connection) to
cut down on contention.  Will this buy me much in the way of thruput or
would I be better off just doing the whole restore from server #1 ???
  Would it buy me anything to kick off more than 1 cross client restore ??
 Any and all suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Tim Pittson
pittson AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com