ADSM-L

Opening Client APARs?

1995-03-07 13:10:55
Subject: Opening Client APARs?
From: "Dwight M. McCann" <DWIGHT AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 1995 10:10:55 PST
After several months of essentially flawless service for OS/2 and AIX
clients backing up to VM, I stopped monitoring this list.  Now that we
have begun attempting nightly incremental backups on some prototype
MACs we seem to have encountered a very unfortunate exposure in which
the MACs are left hung.  Ongoing informal attempts to resolve this
problem via this forum have apparently proved ineffective and our
window of opportunity for deploying ADSM is diminishing ... and we
look less than superlative to the campus.  As this is the first C/S
product for which I have client as well as server responsibility, could
someone tell me where I need to go to open an APAR?  Should I start
with an ETR on IBMLink under VM?  After spending a week at SHARE in L.A.
and hearing how rosy things are with ADSM (where I couldn't find any
client-side people) and all the fancy new features that are rolling out,
I'd like to see this extant problem resolved with just as big a smile.

Dwight M. McCann
Information Systems & Computing
University of California at Santa Barbara  93106
(805) 893-3113