ADSM-L

Effects of using -SLOWINCREMENTAL parm

1995-03-01 09:11:00
Subject: Effects of using -SLOWINCREMENTAL parm
From: "Jon C. Austin" <TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 09:11:00 EST
  We're coming on line with primarily Netware clients in our
ADSM environments, and have noticed the RIDICULOUS comsumption
of Alloc Short Term Memory during scheduled backups. If it is not
already a requirement to fix this, PLEASE DO!

   I know there is a -slowincremental parm on the manual incremental
command.

     1)what experiences has anyone had with using -slowincremental
     2)How can you instigate a -slowincremental from a schedule.
        is Overriding options a choice.

   Thanks for any info you can provide, and PLEASE, find a better
way than Short Term Alloc Memory for the specific function in the
client. I can see some systems where RAM is limited and number
of files and directories is large where this is crippling.

|  Jon Austin                             TSSJCA AT SYSA.ADM.DUKE DOT EDU   |
|  Systems Programmer, DUCC                -or- @DUKE.BITNET         |
|  314 North Building, Box 90133                                     |
|  Duke University                           phone   (919)660-7024   |
|  Durham, NC  27708-0133                    fax     (919)660-7021   |
|               Duke University: Birthplace of 'USENET'              |