ADSM-L

MAJOR wishlist item for adsm

1995-02-23 22:06:59
Subject: MAJOR wishlist item for adsm
From: Jay Plett <jay AT silence.princeton.nj DOT us>
To: maint AT pucc.Princeton DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 22:06:59 -0500
I don't want backups to list every file that is backed up.
I'm not interested, I don't want to waste the disk space, and--most
important--the information shouldn't exist (I don't want to be
confronted with lists of the filenames that people are working
on).

But I do very much want the summary information that is printed
when a backup finishes:
  Total number of objects inspected:        3
  Total number of objects backed up:        1
  Total number of objects updated:          0
  Total number of objects rebound:          0
  Total number of objects deleted:          0
  Total number of objects failed:           0
  Total number of bytes transferred:       40
  Compression percent reduction:         0.00%
  Elapsed processing time:            0:00:01

The Quiet option suppresses what I don't want, but it also suppresses
what I do want.  There should be a way to get the stats without all
the noise.

        ...jay